I'm a Tech Guy. I'm the guy everyone corners when their computer isn't working properly. I'm the guy that everyone expects to be able to just "fix it" with a few mouse clicks. I'm the guy that has to explain to individuals I work with that a computer is more than just smoke and mirrors.
A quick bio:
I'm a tech guy (big surprise) for a public school system. I've been in the IT business for about 6 years. I've been responsible for various pieces of our infrastructure, but the major piece I'm responsible for is our Linux implementation. I take care of nearly 200 Linux clients and a few Linux servers. All of this within an all Microsoft back-end. There are 4 of us in the IT department.
As a Tech Guy, I often have to solve strange mysteries typically involving bad information and super vague descriptions. One of the things I want to discuss through this blog is how to approach bad descriptions and what are some good ways to prevent getting bad descriptions.
The title of this blog implies that I'll be discussing a wide variety of topics. Hopefully they'll make a little bit of sense to someone. The idea isn't to be as wacky as the blog's namesake book by Douglas Adams. But the idea is to be just a witty and hopefully informative.
I'll catch you in the next post, and don't forget your towel.
No comments:
Post a Comment